This is really “dream” application for me. At night, I enjoy music from computer (mostly on my Zune) till I go into sleep. This application gradually lowers the volume at night (and it even Shutdown or Standby my laptop).
Other use I thought of use it on a Parties. If you like it, get the application HERE.
Portable Ubuntu for Windows is an Ubuntu system running as a Windows application.
This system is built with the Colinux Kernel, Xming X server and Pulseaudio server for Windows.
Portable Ubuntu for Windows is a useful tool for when you need to use Ubuntu on an machine that has Windows as operating system.
Download it HERE.
This outlook add-in adds the missing feature in Microsoft outlook which allows you to save and with option to remove all attachments from multiple emails at once. Great tools to manage your mailbox size. Get it HERE.
Unlike Firefox or Chrome needs third party plug-in to block ads (AdBlock, AdSweep, etc.,) the latest IE8 don’t requires any third-parties. It has in-built Ad-blocking feature, otherwise called In-Private Browsing.
In-Private Browsing is as in Microsoft’s words,
InPrivate Browsing prevents Internet Explorer from storing data about your browsing session. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing where you visited and what you looked at on the web. When you start InPrivate Browsing, Internet Explorer opens a new window. The protection that InPrivate Browsing provides is only in effect during the time that you use that window. You can open as many tabs as you want in that window, and they will all be protected by InPrivate Browsing. However, if you open another browser window, that window will not be protected by InPrivate Browsing. To end your InPrivate Browsing session, close the browser window
To use the In-Private Browsing and block the annoying ads, in IE8 Window do the one of the following to enable the feature.
- Click Safety menu and select “InPrivate browsing”
- Click a new Tab, click the link “Open an InPrivate Browsing window”
- Click to open the InPrivate Browsing menu on the bottom of the Window as in below picture.
If you open the InPrivate Browsing Settings, you can set to “Automatically block” the Ads or “Choose content to block or allow”. If you choose the second option, you can choose (obviously) the particular Ads like “googlesyndication.com” .
AlternativeTo website tries to list “non crappy” alternative software for major famous software like MS Office, Burning tools, Media Players.. You may find some quality free alternatives for yourself here.
As a System Admin in IT, Many times I have to make a list in Excel to state status of, say, Servers. I am sure you have some list you have to manager in Excel. Here is the cool way of managing the check list. This is tested in Excel 2007 and I am not sure about the lower versions of Office.
The End result looks like this:
Like the idea. Read ahead for “How to” help.
1. Make a list like above and Select the Status column with header like below picture.
2. Now click Conditional Formatting in Home tab and select Icon Sets. Select the ICON that suits your needs. For this document I chose the Tick mark, X icon and ! icon.
3. Leave the Status column selected, click on Conditional Formatting again and Select Manage Rules..
4. On Conditional Formatting Rules Manager click on Edit Rule…
5. Select Show Icon Only check box on the bottom and click OK. (Note the ICON/Value rule)
6. On the Status column cells, enter 1 for tick mark, 0 for X mark and –1 for ! mark.
Show your Excel spreadsheet others and show them how to do it. Look Good!!!